Firstly, we would like to thank you for your understanding in our decision to close our business back in March due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
However, now is the time for us to return to offering our services to support all of our valued customers and key workers with their training and assessment requirements.
Initially, we are reopening our training centres in Glasgow, Doncaster, Warrington, Birmingham, Crayford and Bristol from Monday 18th May 2020.
Gateshead, Derby, Cardiff, Enfield, Carlisle and Portsmouth will be reopening over the coming months when we expect demand to increase.
In May and June we will be operating with a streamlined workforce of both Trainer/Assessors and Training Coordinators. Depending on the demand from our customers, we are hoping to significantly ramp up the scale of our services in July, August and beyond.
Our booking system and course schedules for May and June have been updated to reflect these changes. Unfortunately, there’s a number of course dates that have changed, if your bookings have been affected you will be contacted by a member of our booking department to ask you to reschedule for an alternative date. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
We at Intertrain are taking the situation very seriously and the safety of everyone is our primary concern. We have therefore, undertaken a rigorous risk assessment and implemented a COVID-19 policy, please click the link below:
Intertrain COVID-19 Policy
1. Queuing systems may be in operation at entry and registration to courses. Markings and signage will be displayed and joining instructions updated accordingly.
2. Course start and finish timings may be staggered to limit social contact and allow social distancing to remain effective.
3. Candidates will be asked to join classrooms in a safe way and sit at desks that will maintain social distancing.
4. There are certain times when social distancing of 2 metres cannot be met e.g. break times, communal areas and practical sessions. Therefore, we ask that all candidates provide their own face mask and gloves. There will be a stock available at each of our training centres but please don’t rely on this as they will be limited.
5. Classrooms and training centres will be suitably marked with social distancing measurements to identify safety to all candidates.
6. Sanitiser stations will be available at all training centres. These are to be used regularly and following communal breaks / use of amenities.
7. We may ask, voluntarily, that candidates consent to body temperature checks via use of thermal thermometers.
9. All classrooms, communal areas and surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each day.
We have developed a full company policy, risk assessments and associated procedures to support our return to operations strategy and to ensure ultimately the safety of staff and candidates is maintained. The policies, procedures and risk assessments are available on our website and they will be visible in all training centres. They have also been provided and shared with our governing body, NSAR, to ensure full transparency and our commitment to preventing the spread of COVID-19 during this unprecedented time.
We look forward to seeing all of your candidates soon and ask that they all respect the measures we have put in place by reviewing joining instructions prior to attending their training course/assessment and providing their own face mask and gloves to ensure their own safety and others.
We would like to thank you again for your continued support.