Duration: 12 months
Intertrain’s Rail Study programme is a free course for young people aged 16-18 to support them in gaining the skills and qualifications they need to progress into a career in the Rail Industry.
Intertrain offer a part time year programme of training and support. This is designed to help you successfully move into your chosen route which could be an Apprenticeship, Employment or further education.
What will the programme include?
- Qualifications at Level 2 or Level 3 (Rail Technical Certificates)
- GCSEs or Functional Skills in English and Maths
- The skills for the world of work, including CV building, interview techniques, communication and confidence.
- Rail Industry Competences
- Work Experience in the occupational areas of interest with real employers.
- Behavioural Skills
Who can access this programme?
To be eligible, you must be 16-18 years old (31st August of the academic year)
What will be my progression routes?
We have designed the study programme to support students into a positive progression route which will be the following:
- Level 3 Study Programme
- Further education at the HS2 College / Doncaster College
- Rail Apprenticeship programme through Intertrain UK Ltd
- Employment with a Rail Employer
How long will the learning take place?
The training programme will be part time across a year.
Are there any mandatory requirements?
You must be able to pass a drugs and alcohol test – due to the high risk nature of working on the railway.
Intertrain suspend all training until further notice X
Further to our correspondence on Friday 20th March 2020, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all training across all our centres in the UK from the close of business tonight.
This has not been an easy decision however, we want to ensure the safety, protection and the well-being of our staff and customers during the outbreak of COVID-19.
Please click here for more information.
Intertrain offering distance learning
Intertrain part of the City and Guilds group have now designed a Rail distance learning package, where you will gain a City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Rail Engineering Underpinning Knowledge.
This will be undertaken with one of our dedicated trainers who have a wealth of knowledge and experience to guide you through your qualification.
If you wish for more information please click here.