Calculate your Apprenticeship Levy Saving
The levy requires all employers with a wage bill over £3 million to pay an annual apprenticeship levy of 0.5% of their PAYE bill, which can only be recouped when they employ and train apprentices. Businesses will also receive a £15,000 annual allowance and an additional contribution of 10% on their monthly levy allocation.
What is the aim of the levy?
The government is committed to create and help fund three million apprenticeships by 2020. The levy is designed to invest in apprenticeship programmes and to raise additional funds to improve the quality and quantity of apprenticeships. It will address the skill gaps in the UK workforce, whilst also raising its profile.
How the levy can benefit businesses?
It can raise the number of apprenticeships but also increase the range of skills within the workforce, enabling companies to upskill existing staff members, or by creating a new talent pool which will address skill shortages within their business.
Intertrain can help you...
If you want to make sure you get the best results from your apprenticeship levy payment, our consultants are on hand to help.
We’ll get together with your workforce development team and discover how training can best be used to serve your business goals. We specialise in creating apprenticeship strategies for Rail Infrastructure Engineering & Overhead Line Construction, Business Administration, Customer Service, Leadership & Management and Customer Services.
Whether you’re new to apprenticeships or already engaging with them, our team of experts can work with you to:
- Understand what the apprenticeship levy means and how it will impact you
- Understand the new standards and how existing training could contribute
- Develop strategies to ensure your business maximises its return on the levy investment
- Recruit and select apprentices and develop career pathways
- Identify progression routes to get your existing employees on to apprenticeships
- Create communication and engagement strategies to drive apprenticeship forward in your business
2. Project Management
Intertrain will support you every step of the way from obtaining your apprenticeship delivery to securing training and managing your digital account.
Contact Intertrain’s vocational department on 01302 244461 (option 2) or email [email protected] to see how we can support the growth of your business.
- The Apprenticeship Levy was introduced in April 2017
- The levy will apply to both public and private UK employers across all sectors with a payroll bill in excess of £3m a year
- It will be set at a rate of 0.5% of your total payroll
- Employers will receive a 10% top up to your levy payers digital account i.e. for every £1.00 will be increased to £1.10 in value
- It will be collected on a monthly basis based on ‘live’ HMRC payroll date
What do our trainees think
Very well constructed and delivered, outstanding performance on the trainer's part, both in the classroom and out on the track. I would recommend Archie McNeill to anyone who wishes to learn about overheads - a terrific experience.Zain Ahmad, Coyle
Lee had an excellent practical and pragmatic approach towards training. I found him to be very knowledgeable, but more importantly he has fantastic knowledge transfer skills.Umair Khan, Siemens Rail Automation
I enjoyed the course, it was delivered to a high standard. Kev is an excellent trainer, he is informative and has a great sense of humour. His method of teaching was simplified and thorough - Great!Thomas Smith, Amey Group Services Ltd
Very well run course, professionally presented. Good reminder of duties and responsibilities.Mark Harris, ABC Electrification
Vic was a fantastic trainer, his knowledge of the industry is vast and his delivery was second to none. A great course and trainer - thanks!Douglas Aitken, Balfour Beatty Rail Limited