Duration: 1 Day
If you are aged 19-24 and a lack of work experience is holding you back then an Intertrain traineeship programme could be for you!
Traineeships are designed to provide work experience as part of an education and training programme, focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English, and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills, and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
As an Intertrain traineeship learner you will get:
- Level 1 NVQ in Rail Track Maintenance
- Digital training
- Employability skills (CV writing, job searching, job interviewing preparation etc)
- A work placement of 70 hours or more
- Help with the skills you’ll need for an apprenticeship or job in the area you want to work in;
- A job interview or feedback from an employer
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If required)
- Rail industry competencies such as Personal Track Safety (PTS), DCCR, Track Induction, OLEC 1
- Other training includes Emergency First Aid at Work, Health and Safety, Fire Awareness and Manual Handling
- 12 weeks of support guidance and training
For you to be eligible for this training:
- All learners must be aged between 19 - 24
- Not currently be in employment
- Have little or no work experience
- Must be qualified below Level 4 (please ask if you are unsure what this means)
- Must be commit to the full programme lasting 12 weeks
- Demonstrate a basic ability with Maths and English
- There is a pre-requisite Network Rail Medical examination and pre-sponsorship Drug & Alcohol (D&A) screening. Failure to pass the D&A will result in a termination of the role.
Locations for Traineeships are Birmingham, Doncaster and London.
What do our trainees think
Very well constructed and delivered, outstanding performance on the trainer's part, both in the classroom and out on the track. I would recommend Archie McNeill to anyone who wishes to learn about overheads - a terrific experience.Zain Ahmad, Coyle
Lee had an excellent practical and pragmatic approach towards training. I found him to be very knowledgeable, but more importantly he has fantastic knowledge transfer skills.Umair Khan, Siemens Rail Automation
I enjoyed the course, it was delivered to a high standard. Kev is an excellent trainer, he is informative and has a great sense of humour. His method of teaching was simplified and thorough - Great!Thomas Smith, Amey Group Services Ltd
Very well run course, professionally presented. Good reminder of duties and responsibilities.Mark Harris, ABC Electrification
Vic was a fantastic trainer, his knowledge of the industry is vast and his delivery was second to none. A great course and trainer - thanks!Douglas Aitken, Balfour Beatty Rail Limited