Duration: 1 Day
Max Delegates: 12
- Describe the principles of the DC Electrified system.
- Identify the main components of the DC conductor rail system.
- Identify hazards and risks associated with being near or adjacent to the DC conductor rail.
- Describe how to cross the DC conductor rail safely.
- Describe how to transit tools and equipment safely across the DC conductor rail.
- Describe defects that would render insulated tools and equipment unfit for purpose.
- Identify hazards associated with working within DC isolations.
- Describe the work safe and emergency response procedures
- Demonstrate how to inspect insulated tools before use.
- Demonstrate the correct application and removal of conductor rail shields.
- Identify defective tools and shields.
- Identify the three risk control areas as stated in NR/L3/MTC/EP0152.
- Demonstrate how to cross the conductor rail safely.
- Explain how to safely transit tools, materials and equipment within the DC electrified area.
- Demonstrate how to apply a Track Circuit Operating Clip safely.
Other Training Sectors
Intertrain suspend all training until further notice X
Further to our correspondence on Friday 20th March 2020, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all training across all our centres in the UK from the close of business tonight.
This has not been an easy decision however, we want to ensure the safety, protection and the well-being of our staff and customers during the outbreak of COVID-19.
Please click here for more information.
Intertrain offering distance learning
Intertrain part of the City and Guilds group have now designed a Rail distance learning package, where you will gain a City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Rail Engineering Underpinning Knowledge.
This will be undertaken with one of our dedicated trainers who have a wealth of knowledge and experience to guide you through your qualification.
If you wish for more information please click here.