CPCS - A17C Telescopic Handler - (Novice Course)
Duration: 5 Days
Max Delegates: 3
The CPCS A17 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Telescopic Handler to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with a telescopic handler will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads).
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads up to full extension and working height of the telescopic handler.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Other Training Sectors
Intertrain suspend all training until further notice X
Further to our correspondence on Friday 20th March 2020, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all training across all our centres in the UK from the close of business tonight.
This has not been an easy decision however, we want to ensure the safety, protection and the well-being of our staff and customers during the outbreak of COVID-19.
Please click here for more information.
Intertrain offering distance learning
Intertrain part of the City and Guilds group have now designed a Rail distance learning package, where you will gain a City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Rail Engineering Underpinning Knowledge.
This will be undertaken with one of our dedicated trainers who have a wealth of knowledge and experience to guide you through your qualification.
If you wish for more information please click here.