CPCS - A59A 360 Excavator above 10 tonnes (Novice Course)
Duration: 5 Days
Max Delegates: 2
The CPCS A59 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a 360-degree Excavator to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with a 360 excavator will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway – where applicable).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for excavating duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground.
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials.
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers.
- Attach and remove buckets.
- Lift, move and place basic slung loads.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.